The Firm has earned the reputation of being one of the oldest, distinguished and renowned Law Firms in the Central African Region.Its success is built on service to its clients and clients’ success.
The firm gives advice on a number of areas in environmental law, on the laws, regulations, legislative processes and on litigation. We offer creative solutions to meet the clients’ objectives and needs. Our lawyers keenly cultivate productive working relationships with governments, private clients and institutions at all levels, and works to create effective solutions that meet our clients ‘needs and compliance goals. We carry out due diligence, engage in regulatory concepts and implement strategies during the regulatory process that help establish favourable rulemaking notes in support of our clients’ positions. Our aim is to limit litigations.
We work with national and international clients such as major industrial manufacturers and suppliers, pipeline owners and operators, and energy and mining businesses. We represent, municipalities, electricity and water utilities services, and other public utilities and entities, property owners and construction companies, solid and hazardous waste management facilities, and other materials recyclers. We advise on compliance with local and international environmental laws, and evaluate and advise on minimizing environmental risks in business transactions.
Our experience includes:
- Environmental crisis and emergency response strategies
- Engaging with state and regulatory agencies regarding comprehensive aspects of rulemaking, permitting, compliance, enforcement, administrative hearings, appeals and other government involvement with our clients
- Engaging with state and legislatures in advocating for our clients’ priorities
- Negotiating (and when necessary litigating) enforcement settlements, consent orders, compliance plans, penalties and other third-party claims
- Evaluation and oversight of remediation projects
- Environmental due diligence in complex commercial transactions
- Emerging areas of environmental law, such as vapor intrusion, climate change, green infrastructure and energy efficiency standards
Energy regulation and infrastructure
The Firm provides advice to energy regulatory and compliance services necessary to solve critical business challenges, investment avenues in energy, procedures and understanding of the laws. Our experience in energy and utilities law enables us to advise on virtually all phases of operations and transactions from the Generation, the Transmission, the Distribution and Supply or retail face.
We work on policy review and law reforms and advices on PPP, licences and licencing procedure, concessions in the energy sector in Cameroon. We provide counsel regarding compliance with state reporting requirements, jurisdictional conflicts and regulatory approvals. We also represent renewable, green and alternative energy providers, including independent power and co-generation producers, at all stages of development, rendering practical advice that helps them capitalize on new opportunities to come.